It’s hard not to love this easy homemade Caesar Salad recipe. Bacon, Romaine lettuce, homemade croutons, Parmesan cheese, and a homemade dressing make for the perfect salad. Once you know how to make Caesar dressing, you won’t ever need to buy it again!
You can top this salad with caesar salad recipe with eggs, chicken, or even steak but I like to use bacon. Also, the grease from the bacon is perfect for making homemade croutons. I’ve also listed the homemade Caesar salad dressing and croutons below if you’re interested in making everything from scratch.
Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1 Large Lemon
- 1 Cup Mayoniese
- 2 Cups Shredded Parmasian Cheese
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Ground Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Begin by adding the Mayonaise, Shredded Parmasan Cheese and ground pepper to a bowl.
- Secondly, squeeze the juice from the lemon into the mix. Also, add the zest from about a quarter of the lemon.
- Next, mince the 5 cloves of garlic and add to the mix.
- Now, depending on what tool your using this step will vary. I reccomend using an emulsifier or hand mixer. However a blender can work as well. Regardless, blend the mixture for about 30 seconds.
- The dressing will be a bit thick so we will add water. I generally add about 2 Tbsp however, add a Tbsp at a time blending inbetween until the dressing is at your prefered consistancy.
- Pour in a jar and set aside in the fridge until ready to use!
- 1 Loaf Bread Fresh Baked Loaf
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- Begin by cutting the bread into around half an inch cubes. Then set the bread aside for later.
- Next, cook the bacon in a non-stick pan until the bacon is fully cooked. Then remove the bacon but leave the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add a clove of minced garlic to the bacon grease and let cook until fragrant (around 30 seconds)
- Now, add the bread into the pan and cook on medium heat until cubes are golden brown.
- Remove from pan then let cool! As they cool they will become more crispy.
- Add your homemade croutons to a fresh salad or hot soup 🙂 Enjoy!
Homemade Caesar Salad
- 1 cup Cooked Bacon
- 1 cup Croutons
- 2 Large Romain Lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmasian cheese
- 2 Lemon Wedge
- Ceasar Dressing
- The best Caesar salad uses romaine lettuce that has been cut. To prepare, slice the romaine into bite-sized pieces and wash it under cool running water.
- Next, dry the lettuce. The dressing cannot coat the lettuce well if the lettuce is wet, so make sure to dry well. (This can be done with a salad spinner or patting dry with paper towel)
- Now, when the lettuce is dry add to a serving bowl.
- Next sprinkle generously with shredded parmesan cheese, bacon, and cooled croutons.
- Drizzle the caesar dressing and toss gently until the lettuce is evenly coated.
- This is optional, but I like to finish off by topping the salad with some sliced lemon wedges and ground pepper to taste.
- Viola, the perfect Caesar salad 🙂
I know this recipe is geared towards meat lovers. However, If you are vegetarian, vegan, or are cooking for someone who is, this recipe still tastes great with substituted ingredients. Helman’s vegan mayo is a good option that is carried by most grocery stores. Also, chickpeas or fried tofu work as a protein for this salad.
Have fun with this recipe. Customize it to your liking! Enjoy and remember to eat good baby:)