Hey foodies. This recipe is so simple to make and tastes really good. Plus it’s keto-friendly & low carb. I’ve been obsessed with Jalapeño cream cheese lately. I have been adding it to about anything I can. So I decided to try it as a stuffing for my chicken and was really happy with the results. I’m not currently doing the Keto diet so I paired the chicken with rice however you can pair this with any keto-friendly side! The Jalapeño cream cheese gives it a really nice bite. I use the no-name brand Jalapeño Cream Cheese. If you are unable to find this, I recommend cutting jalapeños and mixing them with regular cream cheese. The results will be similar.
Spinach & Jalapeño Stuffed Chicken
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Handful Spinach Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Jalepino Cream Cheese
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- Pinch Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Buttefly the chicken and pound.Try to pound the edges thin to get some cripsyness when cooking the chicken.
- Spread the Jalepeno cream cheese evenly accross the inside of the chicken.
- Add a handful of spinach on top of the cream cheese. Then fold the chicken in about half. I personally like to keep it open. However if you want it fully closed you can use toothpicks along the edges of the chicken.
- Season the top of the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Than add to a buttered pan. ( If you don't want to use butter , parchement paper is a good non stick alternative)
- Bake for about 22-26 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Rest for 5 minutes. Enoy 🙂