These are by far the best snack ever. I used to love going to Montana’s with friends and family to enjoy these. However, with the pandemic I have pushed myself to recreate my favourites at home. I think this recipe is as close as you can get to the real deal (maybe even better). Super simple to make and great to share! (Or eat alone).
- 1 Tortilla Large
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeño Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Green Pepper Diced
- 1/2 Cup Red Pepper Diced
- 1 Green Onion Diced
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To begin, spread the Jalapeño Cream Cheese evenly across one side of the tortilla
- Next, layer the veggies evenly across the tortilla and top with cheddar cheese.
- Roll the tortilla and place it on your baking tray.
- Put your baking tray in the oven and let it cook for 12-15 minutes until light brown is visible on the outside of the tortilla.
- Let cool for a minimum of 5-10 minutes. The longer to cool, the better!
- Finally, slice into pinwheels and serve with sour cream! Enjoy
I find these antojito’s dangerous because I always eat too many! They are a great sharable but if you get the plate to yourself watch out they may disappear quickly. If you’re someone who likes your food extra spicy, these taste great with hot sauce! Also, I know social gatherings are limited but when we get to go back to the party life, keep this recipe in mind. This is such a great dish to bring for a potluck! I hope you enjoy these antojito’s as much as my friends and I have. Enjoy and remember to eat good baby!