Tis the season to freeze our butts off. The snow has fallen and if you’re anything like me , you enjoy spending the cold months hibernating with fuzzy socks, pj’s and a mountain of blankets. As comfy as we may be, the lack of sunshine and fresh air isn’t great for our overall well being.
Further more Covid 19 has limited our choices for outings. With social distancing measures being pushed worldwide, most of us are stuck inside. To avoid going crazy in the four walls that hold up my house I have made drive thru’s my go to outing of the day.
Being a Canadian gal I tend to go for a good Timmies coffee! However, I do like to spice it up once a week with Starbucks. It is a more expensive choice but we’re living through a national pandemic…. TREAT YOURSELF! The drinks i’m about to name are in no particular order. So with out further a do, here is a list of my top ten Starbucks drinks to survive winter 2021.
- London Fog – You can find this cozy tea under the hot tea section on the starbucks menu. Starbucks describes it as “Bright, citrusy spark of Italian bergamot blends with subtle hints of lavender, vanilla syrup, and steamed milk for this frothy reinvention of classic Earl Grey tea.” If you are not a milk drinker you can request to have it made with almond milk. It comes with two Earl Grey tea bags that I take out after 8 minutes to prevent it from being to strong.
- Caramel Brûlé Crème – OK this one is sooo good!! It is a seasonal drink that I always look forward to. It is available every year from November to January. The hot drink is made with steamed milk and rich caramel brûlé sauce with whipped cream and a crunchy caramel brûlé toppings. It is the perfect cozy holiday drink. If you love the crunch ask for extra toppings!
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate– I’ve always been a sucker for sweet and salty snacks. This one is such a good mix of the two flavours. It is steamed milk and mocha sauce combined with toffeenut syrup, then topped with whipped cream, caramel sauce and a blend of turbinado sugar and sea salt. This is a go to when I just can’t decide what i’m in the mood for.
- Steamed Apple Juice – If you’re looking for a more health conscious drink steamed apple juice is the way to go. Starbucks offers freshly steamed 100% apple juice (not from concentrate). I order this when i’m feeling chilly and need a little natural sugar and vitamin boost.
- Peppermint White Hot Chocolate– I think this one is a holiday classic. It’s perfect on a snowy day. Starbucks makes this one with white chocolate mocha sauce, peppermint-flavoured syrup and steamed milk topped with sweetened whipped cream and dark chocolate curls. Don’t forget to ask for extra chocolate curls…. why not?
I hope everyone stays safe. Times are tough. I have found the little things matter and help everyone get by. Enjoy your next cozy drink, stay warm and eat good baby.